Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 25, 2014

28mm Dark Ages Romano-British Archers

These 28mm Dark Ages Romano-British Archers are Old Glory figures. I painted three bags of them. Each bag has thirty figures. I think that will definitely be enough for any Dark Ages battles I'm likely to have. With their plaids these figures will do nicely for Celts as well.

My basing system for 28mm Ancients/Dark Ages figures is 20mm frontage per figure with whatever depth is needed. Rather than making individual bases, which are a pain to move, I make mainly 3s, some 2s and a few 1s. That way it is possible to "make change" for casualty removal and assume different formations. The only thing you can't do is "open formation" in some systems. In that case I do singles.


3 comments:

  1. Nice work on the plaids! Very very nice! Love how straight and crisp you made them... Mine never seem to be straight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Screw up on the title. These are Romano-British archers. I have so much on the go I lost track. These were side lined for a long time while I pondered. I am very glad to have them done. With Ancients/Dark Ages, it is often possible to use figures for many different contingents and so they are a good investment of painting time.

    I think the last time I saw a Romano-British battle was at the Partizan show in Nottingham in 2004. Somone had lovely looking terrain boards which included a huge dark ages wooden stockade.

    ReplyDelete